Are you among those who want to test their IQ? This test is great if you want to test your thinking.
This test is called the shortest intelligence test. The test contains only 3 questions, but the answers are not as obvious as they seem at first glance. You need to think deeper and wider and probably the first answer that comes to mind will not be the right one. In the surveys only 33% of the respondents answered all 3 questions correctly, the rest had at least 1 incorrect answer.
In which group will you find yourself? Will you be able to give a correct answer to only 1 question or maybe you will answer all 3 questions correctly? Let’s find out.
The questions are as follows:
- A baseball bat and a ball cost 1.10 euros. A baseball bat costs 1 euro more than a ball. How much does the ball cost?
Hint: 10 cents is not the right answer.
- It takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 items. How long will it take 100 machines to make 100 items?
Hint: 100 minutes is not the right answer.
- There are water lilies in a lake. Every day their number doubles. If it takes 48 days for the whole lake to fill up and be covered with lilies, how many days does it take to cover only half?
Hint: 24 days is not the right answer.
Try to find the answer to all 3 questions. Test your level of intelligence and come up with the right answers. Include your logical and analytical thinking. Try to find the correct answers to all three questions.
Did you manage to find the correct answers? Did you manage to answer all 3 questions correctly? If you succeed, we congratulate you, your level of intelligence is really high. You are a genius in solving intelligence tests. Congratulations, once again.
If you want to check if your answers are correct or If some of you still failed to find the right solutions, do not worry, we will give you the right answers.
- The ball costs x, and the baseball bat costs 1 euro more.
The task is set like this x + 1 eur.
baseball bat + ball = x + (x + 1) = 1.1
2x + 1 = 1.1
2x = 0.1
x = 0.05
- If 5 machines make 5 objects in 5 minutes, then one machine makes one object in 5 minutes. This means that if we have 100 machines that make 100 items, they again need 5 minutes.
- It takes 47 days to cover half the lake with lilies.
Explanation: If on the 48th day the lake is completely covered, and the number doubles daily, it means that on the 47th day the lake will be half covered. The next day, ie on the 48th day, the number of lilies will double and the lake will be completely covered with lilies.